Seasonal Dining at a Historic House
Farm to Table Thursdays
Note: We are currently full for reservations through December 2021, but cancellations are common. To be added to the wait list, call 515.243.7063 or email Caroline.
You can’t get more local than this! Chef Katie takes our farm produce, adds protein from other Iowa farms and businesses, and transforms them into satisfying dishes. Vegetables are the stars here, with seasonal sides available for sharing around your table.
Each week’s menu (click on the menu button) includes a selection of favorites, plus a special appetizer, entree, and dessert inspired by the farm. Side dishes change often, depending on what was harvested fresh that week. Posted menus are subject to change slightly as ingredients are available. Entree prices range from $16 to $26. Bring your own wine or beer; no corkage fee.
Each course [an] extraordinary combination of flavors & textures & colors…
Celebrate any of your special occasions with a private gathering at the Wallace House. Chef Katie will customize a farm to table menu that fits your tastes. Seating is available for up to 40; stand-up events can accommodate about 50.
To inquire about dates or menus, call 515.243.7063 or email Katie.
Our Food Values & Beliefs
We embrace local food and sustainable agriculture. Sourcing fresh, seasonal ingredients locally results in tastier, more nutritious food and showcases Iowa’s ability to produce high quality ingredients. Our restaurants connect patrons to our garden, land and historic sites and to other members of the local foods community.
Core Food Values:
• Menus reflect our garden, land, & historic properties
• Seasonal, housemade dishes
• Quality ingredients
• Local sources support Iowa’s family farms & small businesses
- September 30 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- October 7 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- October 14 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- October 21 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- October 28 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- November 4 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- November 11 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- November 18 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- November 25 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- December 2 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- December 9 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Our final dinner for the season is December 9.