Seasonal Dining at a Historic House
Farm to Table Thursdays
You can’t get more local than this! Our culinary team takes our farm-fresh produce, adds ingredients from other Iowa farms, and transforms them into satisfying dishes. Vegetables are the stars here, with seasonal sides available for sharing around your table. Each week’s menu includes a special appetizer, entree, and dessert inspired by the farm. Posted menus are subject to change slightly, depending on the weekly harvest. Bring your own wine or beer; no corkage fee.
WCI connects food, land, and people with a unique dining experience at our Farm to Table Thursday Dinners. No-shows and late cancellations greatly impact our nonprofit organization. If you won’t be able to make your reservation, call 515.243.7063 or email Colette asap so we have time to contact others on the wait list.
Each course [is an] extraordinary combination of flavors & textures & colors…
Know Your Farmer Dinner
The last Know Your Farmer dinner featured Amy & Jason Boyer of Osceola, IA. The Boyers raise all-natural beef and pork at Boyer Family Farms as well as own and operate the Harvest Barn Marketplace, an event space and weekend eatery. The store sells their meat, fresh produce, homemade fudge, candles and gifts.
2024 dates & featured farmers will be announced after Jan. 1, 2024.
Chef Katie Honored
Our Food Values & Beliefs
We embrace local food and sustainable agriculture. Sourcing fresh, seasonal ingredients locally results in tastier, more nutritious food and showcases Iowa’s ability to produce high quality ingredients. Our restaurants connect patrons to our garden, land and historic sites and to other members of the local foods community.
Core Food Values:
• Menus reflect our garden, land, & historic properties
• Seasonal, housemade dishes
• Quality ingredients
• Local sources support Iowa’s family farms & small businesses
Hello Iowa spotlights farm to table
- October 5 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- October 12 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- October 19 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- October 26 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- November 2 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- November 9 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- November 16 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- November 23 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- November 30 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- December 7 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- December 14 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Keep in Touch
Want the latest program & event info?