Seasonal Dining at a Historic House
Farm to Table Thursdays
You can’t get more local than this! Chef Katie takes our farm-fresh produce, adds protein from other Iowa farms, and transforms them into satisfying dishes. Vegetables are the stars here, with seasonal sides available for sharing around your table. Each week’s menu includes a special appetizer, entree, and dessert inspired by the farm. Sides change often, depending on what is harvested fresh that week. Posted menus are subject to change slightly as ingredients are available. Bring your own wine or beer; no corkage fee.
The Wallace Centers of Iowa is a non-profit organization that connects food, land, and people. We’re proud to offer an outstanding dining experience at our Farm to Table Thursday Dinners. No-shows and late cancellations greatly impact our organization. We ask that you please let us know as early as possible if you won’t be able to make your reservation so we have ample time to contact others on the wait list. If you need to cancel your reservation, please call 515.243.7063 or email Caroline.
Note: Many of our Farm to Table Thursdays are fully booked and marked “Full”. For other dates, book a table online by clicking on the event. To get on the wait list, please fill out this form.
Each course [an] extraordinary combination of flavors & textures & colors…
Know Your Farmer Dinner
Caleb and Rebecca Baker from R l C Family Farms in Clearfield, IA brought their grass-fed beef and rye to the Wallace House on Thursday, March 3 for a three-course meal.
The next Know Your Farmer Dinner is Saturday, November 12. Bring your own wine or beer; openers and glassware provided. Doors open at 6 pm; dinner served at 6:30 pm. The Iowa farmer and more details TBA.
Celebrate any of your special occasions with a private gathering at the Wallace House. Chef Katie will customize a farm to table menu that fits your tastes. Seating is available for up to 40; stand-up events can accommodate about 50.
To inquire about dates or menus, call 515.243.7063 or email Caroline.
Our Food Values & Beliefs
We embrace local food and sustainable agriculture. Sourcing fresh, seasonal ingredients locally results in tastier, more nutritious food and showcases Iowa’s ability to produce high quality ingredients. Our restaurants connect patrons to our garden, land and historic sites and to other members of the local foods community.
Core Food Values:
• Menus reflect our garden, land, & historic properties
• Seasonal, housemade dishes
• Quality ingredients
• Local sources support Iowa’s family farms & small businesses
- August 18 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- August 25 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- September 1 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- September 8 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- September 15 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- September 22 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- September 29 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- October 6 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- October 13 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- October 20 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- October 27 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- November 3 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- November 10 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- November 17 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- November 24 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- December 1 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- December 8 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm